My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Sunday, October 22, 2006


The Glorious Destiny
Quiet times are such important things, yet, I've been struggling to find time. There's so much going on, with construction, interior repairs, children to homeschool, a baby to rock, a husband to cook for, friends to relate to, and so on, that I think I need to carve some time and space out for the most important thing of all... intimacy with Jesus. So I'll start here, and now, with a verse from my sister.
You will keep on guiding me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. Psalms 73:24 (NLT)
(Glorious Destiny Flower - Marietta Gardens)

In the NAS version, it reads like this:
With Your counsel You will guide me, And afterward receive me to glory.

One version seems to be talking about life here on earth, the other one seems to point to the hereafter. I haven't looked at the Hebrew to see which is correct, but what occurs to me is that it really doesn't matter. Our life is meant to be "On earth, as it is in heaven." I can count on being guided by the counsel of my Father, and He will lead me into a glorious destiny, a wonderful adventure with a very, very good outcome, both here on earth, and into the forever after. He never fails, and He always comes through on His promises... it's a nice, safe feeling to know that His plans for me are so very good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home