My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Monday, October 30, 2006

Beautiful Dreamer Flower
Beautiful Dreamer Wake unto me...
So goes the beginning of the popular song written by Stephen Foster more than a century ago. It reminds me of a verse in a much older, more loved work, Psalm 139.
"How precious are your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. When I awake, I am still with You." (vs's 17-18)

To me, this sounds like an open invitation from Heaven to lay down and explore the thoughts of God... to inquire of His Spirit and Mind, to day-dream (i.e. meditate) in the chambers of the Father's heart... to get lost in the whispered words of His great Love... and to wake up with Him, to wake up TO Him, to become aware of Him all around and even more so, to be conscious of Him *inside*.

I've often heard that if you lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas! Well, what happens when you lay down with the Beloved? What do you wake up with?
Dreams.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are amazing, my dear friend. Love you lots!!

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home